Madam Films recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually looking at improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We subscribe to and follow the industry principles of Adgreen, albert and Green The Bid. We will encourage clients, suppliers and other interested parties to do the same, all whilst continuing to educate our employees and partners through relevant industry training.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- Incorporate a green budget line to encompass sustainable production requirements.
Carbon Neutral Production
- We offset against our productions with our partners, social enterprise Just One Tree.
- We will work to reuse, repurpose and recycle across catering, set design and wardrobe.
- We will seek to use electric or solar power generators, low energy equipment and rechargeable batteries.
- We use compostable and biodegradable products where possible.
- Our callsheets will state our green intentions and our carbon offsetting figure.
- We will promote the use of remote production technologies.
- We will seek to use biodegradable PPE as part of our COVID production protocol.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green' vehicle use.
- We will seek to using suppliers that have a green policy.
- Mount Pleasant Studios, home to our office, incorporates a number of green policies.
- We will aim to encourage our suppliers to provide sustainable alternatives.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and aim to exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and the partners where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.